Skip to main content

101 times Blood Donation...!!!



(101 th Blood Donation by Mr. Satish Sawant   on his 60th Birthday)


"I would like to share my insights on significance of Blood Donation"

I had started my journey at an age of 18th - Teenager where I wasn't  much aware about the usage of blood donation, but when I did it just became my part of life which still continuing it to donate at the current age of 60 years. As the days past, I have learnt alot about blood and hence, not only donated blood but also platelets and went through different utilization of process where blood in its pure form can be used (called Apheresis).

The importance of blood in life became so vital that I marked 3 dates for blood donation i.e. my birthday, wife's birthday and Son's Birthday. People on their birthday's usually feel happy by receiving gifts where I used to make myself happy by saving 3 life's - just doing blood donation.

Let me help you with 
How 3 life's?

1 unit of Blood contains 3 components viz

RBC - Used for Low Hemoglobin Patients and Thalassemia Patients whom required two units  of blood twice a month 

Platelets - Usually required for ITP patients, bleeding disorder cases and patients with leukemia and sometimes, more in quantity for aplastic leukemia 

Plasma - it helps in cases with patients having Hemophilia B (Factor 9), Burnt cases, cardic patients and bleeding disorder cases.

Surprised ?? 

A small unit can now really save 3 lives

And the best part is once you donate the blood after every 3 months, the blood gets refreshed or newly blood gets generated in your body which is far better than any mechanical or technical machinery can produce.

It's  really a "God's Gift" that everyone has it in them which really needs to be share to save life and spread happiness.

I am glad to share that I have donated 101 th time blood on my 60th Birthday  i.e. 23rd Mar 2022 via traveling on bicycle all the way from Goregaon to Byculla and felt proud to the continue momentum ahead.

I would appreciate and inspire others to come up and join hands with me to save life's by donating blood.

                                                  - Satish Sawant  (Retired - K.E.M. Hospital, Blood Donation Dept.)


Note: Age of Blood Donation - 18 years to 65 Years


                 
                                        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lost Love

I am sorry.... I got lost and never ever gave second thought that fighting with you and proving right over you, will make me win but it will cost me you. Though we are friends and but I can still feel how far you're from me and I didn't mean here by distance. I just don't know when I am down, the only picture comes infront of me is you. I have no clue why I am doing this to you. I should have known it earlier before opening the doors for love , I have to face the pain too. I can lose against you on every step but I can't take chance of losing against my love and that's nothing but just you. I am sorry... - The Lost Love

Salt Art

" == R a N g O l i A r T == "

Do you still remember your first?

I never found love until and unless I started loosing her. I thought being her in my life was so natural that I couldn't feel the pain had in my life. I was being guarded by her deterministic love truely and blind faith in me. She was the pen in my papery life without her imprints I couldn't be even usefull. When we used to be together every words turns into a sentence. Grammer was never an issue in our life's sentences because we gave importance to feelings rather than words to express. Our first kissed, inked so hard on my lips that I can still feel its purity. We kissed in a frame sitting in a window, topped the building where no one can see us except the birds cheering in the skies. Her electron loves always used to attracts my shy protons!   We never new that our magnetic field was so strong that Law of newton failed in our love life where the same poles started attracting to each other It is rightly said, First Impression is the last im...